Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2S not recognised as Vaio product 3rd time!

ccian1
Visitor

VGC-V2S not recognised as Vaio product 3rd time!

When I try to use DVGATE or Click to DVD I get a message telling me my computer is not recognised as a vaio product. When I try to reinstall these applications my recovery utility gives me the same message. I have already restored my entire C drive to factory settings 3 times. Why is this happening?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi and welcome to Club Vaio ccian1.

Try re-installing the Sony Shared Library from the recovery disk > \Libraries\Sony Shared Library\setup.exe.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ccian1
Visitor

Had to download from Link site but all good now. Much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

:cool: Pleased to hear that.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
casakeke
Visitor

Had to download from Link site but all good now. Much appreciated.

Hi ....I'm facing the same problem with my wonderful VGC-V2S.

Can you be more accurate on how did you get out of this blody problem ?
What did you downloaded from Link site ?

Ciao,
Enzo
P.S. Sorry for my english I'm italian....

CAM
Visitor

Had simular problem E-surport helped .Double click c:\Utils|Utils.exe using Windows Explorer.This will reinstall the Vaio Utilites which should mean your Vaio is recognised as a Vaio. It worked for me.

Bert0364
Visitor

I've had the same problem too..with my VGC-V2S, I emailed supoort and with detailed desription and their reply was..'probaly the BIOS is corrupted...and you'll need to return it to Sony for a cost of about �400. I've just run utils and now my Recovery utility works again..woohooo..you can just imagine how good I feel now...thank you. :slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

What did you downloaded from Link site ?

The Utility package.

You have to reinstall the Sony Shared Library. If that does not work, disconnect your VAIO from Internet and delete your cookies. Then try to install software you want again. (a work-around, but may it doesn't work)