Join now - be part of our community!

Camera capture utility programme

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Camera capture utility programme

Hi
Had a few probs in the past 'losing' the camera on my VGN AR31M. Lost it again yesterday but downloaded the drivers and all is well with skype and messenger. However, the actual link to the programme is gone and I can't seem to use the camera on it's own! It's not now in the 'all programmes' list where it used to be under Vaio Camera Capture Utility. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance ...

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Well - thanks to your help all is up and running again but with one oddity. Having done this a couple more times to make sure, here's the rub ...

Everything installed correctly up to and including the hotix, but when I ran the latest version 2.2.03.11150, the damn thing disappeared again from the programmes. So I redid everything, all was well, then it went again after the final bit. So now I've left it as it is (version 11200) but this might need reporting to Sony. How does one do this? Or is there a simple explanation?

BTW - have done this sequence rebooting after each stage as well as all together with same result. When I think back to when it went, I reckon it must have been shortly after I uploaded the version from the Vaio update site which now makes sense ...

Whatever, thanks very much for your help. You guys are great! But I am learning all the time ...! All I need now is to find a printer that is compatible with Vista and I'll feel a lot better!

Best wishes

Jeraldo