Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO FS 215Z, Windows Vista and the TV card in the docking station?

eimpiracha
Visitor

VAIO FS 215Z, Windows Vista and the TV card in the docking station?

Hey, kinda lost here.
I am really anticipating Windows Vista's arrival, but i have 1 concern - will sony release a vista version of vaio zone, with compatibility for the dock's tv card, or will drivers be released for the tv card

all FS laptops accept the dock's ports, but not the TV card. I'm just worried i will lose out on a feature which swayed me into buying this laptop!

Can any vista beta testers or "sony people" tell me what will be/has been done on this please? and does the windows media center program have support for the card?

Please please post some answers, this is quite important for me as i need to plan my finances for this year - kinda went crazy, moved house, bought this laptop etc.

Thanx in advance, Ehsan

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ehsan,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I doubt there will be an official comment from Sony until Vista has beeen released, so I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens...

I guess a possible solution would be to either use the OS and docking station supplied with your FS215Z or buy an external TV card once Vista is released..

Have you tried running the Vista Upgrade Advisor, although this is a beta test it may give you an idea of what on your Vaio is compatible...:smileyhappy:

drummerboy
Visitor

hey wots up with suncream, i love mirrors

eimpiracha
Visitor

:laughing:

I just looked on the VAIO LINK website,

turns out the FS215Z is now fully updated to handle vista!

If ne1 does upgrade though, dont expect the best machine on the planet, as you will need to ramp the RAM to 2GB and swap the 4200rpm IDE hard drive for something speedier.

They even made a VAIO ZONE for vista!