Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble Updating a7iii, computer can't see/connect to the camera.

profile.country.GB.title
pentrecoed
Explorer

Trouble Updating a7iii, computer can't see/connect to the camera.

Hello

I'm trying to update my a7iii, I get as far as the first screen where it says to turn on the camera, set the USB connection to mass storage and connect the camera to the computer( MacBook Pro) I do all that and the spinny thing goes for a while then I get a message that it can't find the camera and I have to start again, over and over!

I have used two different cables to the multi-port, but I do notice that they only seem to go partly in, is that normal?

Thanks for any advice 

5 REPLIES 5
Hulssie
Explorer

Here the same, with iMac and A7Riii. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @pentrecoed and @Hulssie,

is tthe camera switched on upon connecting?

- Nic

Hulssie
Explorer

Problem solved, solution from another part of the community..

I have now got this to work. Once the camera is connected successfully by running the update setting tool, look in the Resource folder that is part of the download and run the System Software Updater App that you will find there down under in the left corner. I'm now successfully updated to V2.1

profile.country.GB.title
pentrecoed
Explorer

@IamNic wrote:

Hello @pentrecoed and @Hulssie,

is tthe camera switched on upon connecting?

- Nic

Yes

profile.country.GB.title
pentrecoed
Explorer

Thanks, Guys

I have now tried with my windows desktop and the same problem, the computer can't see/find the camera.

As it's with both my computers I'm starting to think the USB port on the camera is defective, it only appears to go in halfway.

This camera is only 3 months old and this is the first time I've connected it to the computers.