Join now - be part of our community!

Switch NEX-6 to NTSC using the v1.1 update??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Nitsan
Visitor

Switch NEX-6 to NTSC using the v1.1 update??

Hey everyone.

I'm a filmmaker in the uk and wondering if I could switch my European NEX-6 to a US one using the USA version of the NEX-6 v1.1 update?

60p and 24p are very important to me and those aren't available on the PAL version I have.

Thanks!
www.youtube.com/nitsanpictures

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Nitsan, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You can't do this, as far as I'm aware. Like most manufacturers, Sony have different firmware releases for different regions and it's generally not recommended to attempt to mix 'n' match your updates. Certainly attempts I've heard of have not worked out, requiring at best a reversion to older firmware, at worst a 'bricked' camera.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi Nitsan, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You can't do this, as far as I'm aware. Like most manufacturers, Sony have different firmware releases for different regions and it's generally not recommended to attempt to mix 'n' match your updates. Certainly attempts I've heard of have not worked out, requiring at best a reversion to older firmware, at worst a 'bricked' camera.

Cheers

Mick

Nitsan
Visitor

Thanks Mick,

I guess it's worth asking sony and seeing if they'll give a definite answer.

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

is is definetly not possible to cross update the NEX-6 formware to switch the available video format settings (PAL/NTSC)

Nitsan
Visitor

ok thanks. Well I've already emailed sony so i guess we'll see.

Would trying to do so brick the camera?

Best,

n