Join now - be part of our community!

viewfinder sony a230

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
beboyle14

viewfinder sony a230

when I look in veiwfinder there are lots of dust/dirt spots they are not on images how can I clean the veiwfinder....

Message was edited by: beboyle14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi beboyle :slight_smile:

It's not a particularly straightforward job, pretty much the same sort of task as cleaning the sensor and about as user-friendly – the risk of damage is about the same, although the parts involved (should you damage anything) are not as expensive as they are with sensor cleaning.

The dirt you can see is usually on the inside of the camera when you remove the lens, either on the mirror or the underside of the viewfinder screen. As with sensor cleaning, you can sometimes have success with a blower brush but anything more invasive (using liquids, etc) is simply not worth the risk. Even with blower brushes you always run the risk of blowing dirt onto the sensor, turning a simple annoyance into a shot-ruining problem.

I'd recommend you don't attempt to clean this yourself unless you're particularly competent at such things. The good news is these cleaning tasks can be carried out on your behalf by any competent camera shop technician at really modest cost. If you ask at a reputable high street store they should be able to give you a fixed quote and it shouldn't be much.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi beboyle :slight_smile:

It's not a particularly straightforward job, pretty much the same sort of task as cleaning the sensor and about as user-friendly – the risk of damage is about the same, although the parts involved (should you damage anything) are not as expensive as they are with sensor cleaning.

The dirt you can see is usually on the inside of the camera when you remove the lens, either on the mirror or the underside of the viewfinder screen. As with sensor cleaning, you can sometimes have success with a blower brush but anything more invasive (using liquids, etc) is simply not worth the risk. Even with blower brushes you always run the risk of blowing dirt onto the sensor, turning a simple annoyance into a shot-ruining problem.

I'd recommend you don't attempt to clean this yourself unless you're particularly competent at such things. The good news is these cleaning tasks can be carried out on your behalf by any competent camera shop technician at really modest cost. If you ask at a reputable high street store they should be able to give you a fixed quote and it shouldn't be much.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
beboyle14

Thanks again Mick