Join now - be part of our community!

a7r3 with battery grip batteries drain too fast

SOLVED
profile.country.HU.title
Trollovich_Trollow
Explorer

a7r3 with battery grip batteries drain too fast

Hi guys,

If I do not switch off my camera at evening , morning will discahrged all of two batteries in grip. Btw no wifi, Bt, switched on and the power saving mode is on after 10 seconds...

I had another brand camera where if I left it switched on it didnt have the same issue.

Almost new everything. Why does it do my Sony A7r3 camera???

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Trollovich_Trollow, welcome to the Community.

There are a couple of reasons why the camera batteries will drain overnight, but it's almost always due to the fact that it's not switched off... if you do leave it switched on, bear in mind your 'auto power-off' settings may need adjusting and even when you have this set to 10 seconds, the camera will repeatedly 'wake' if you have the IR sensor enabled, or the EVF eye detector is activated due to the camera being close to another object, or even in a bag.

Check your settings and see if any of this helps. Bear in mind you will still see a very slight battery drain, even with these options turned off, which is perfectly normal.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.HU.title
Trollovich_Trollow
Explorer

Have I ***** up something? No reply? Da community is busy??? Come on guys?!

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Trollovich_Trollow, welcome to the Community.

There are a couple of reasons why the camera batteries will drain overnight, but it's almost always due to the fact that it's not switched off... if you do leave it switched on, bear in mind your 'auto power-off' settings may need adjusting and even when you have this set to 10 seconds, the camera will repeatedly 'wake' if you have the IR sensor enabled, or the EVF eye detector is activated due to the camera being close to another object, or even in a bag.

Check your settings and see if any of this helps. Bear in mind you will still see a very slight battery drain, even with these options turned off, which is perfectly normal.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.HU.title
Trollovich_Trollow
Explorer

Hi Mick,

First, thank you very much your detailed answer! Im going to check out the setting of IR if I find it. Could you tell me please where is it please?

Thank you!

profile.country.HU.title
Trollovich_Trollow
Explorer

Hi, God bless you! :slight_smile: Thank you!