Join now - be part of our community!

Z Tablet SGP321 - only part of screen showing

JulesWinfield
Visitor

Z Tablet SGP321 - only part of screen showing

Hi,

Only part of the screen is showing (i'd say 2/3) and touch is not working. I attach a picture.Z Tablet - Screen partially workingZ Tablet - Screen partially working

Could this be related to connectors or screen please? maybe smebody else has had a similar experience and troubleshooted the problem.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @JulesWinfield,

I'm sorry to hear this. This does look to be related to the hardware in your device. You can try to do a software repair using Xperia Companion to make sure nothing software related is causing this behavior.

If the same behavior persists I'd recommend that you get in contact with your Local support for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair.

Let me know how it works out!

JulesWinfield
Visitor

Turns out I cannot do a recovery with PC companion.

My PC does not recognize the tablet, it sees it as an unknown usb device.

I downloaded the drivers from Sony's site, tried to put them manually in Device manager, no dice.

I read on the forum somewhere that on USB 3.0 ports there might be issues seeing the tablet properly, unfortunately in this day and age who has USB 2.0 on their PCs? Slightly_smiling_Face All I got is 3.0, need to source an USB 2.0 PC...

Do you think this usb3.0 incompatibility could be the cause?

Thank you.

JulesWinfield
Visitor

Oh, and I opened the back, I pressed on the digitizer cable and touch is working normally now, even on the black part of the screen Slightly_smiling_Face

JulesWinfield
Visitor

and I read the tutorial on Sony's site how to troubleshoot Unknow Device problem when connecting cu PC.

I did the mass storage device thing, enabled developer mode + usb debugging.

Still nothing, PC still sees it as unknown device.