Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z4 can't turn on Wi-Fi

Scooby501
Visitor

Xperia z4 can't turn on Wi-Fi

Hi. Was using my z4 last night working perfectly. Went to get a drink and when I came back it was just reckon starting. Now I have no wifi. It just says turning on and goes no further. I can not authenticate without wifi so can not do anything at all. Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Scooby501
Visitor

That should say 're starting
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Scooby501, I am sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Could you try resetting the network settings by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings? This will wipe out all the settings for not only Wi-Fi, but also Mobile data and Bluetooth, so please be aware that if you have stored settings for these that you'll have to enter them anew once you've reset.

Once that is done, please  reboot the tablet, can you now try to turn on Wi-Fi to see if it still gets stuck at "Turning on"? If it persists, please try to see if the same occurs while in safe mode as well.

Let me know how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face

Scooby501
Visitor

Hi. Thanks for your reply but I am unable to go into settings because of the security. I need to authenticate before I can access anything and I can not authenticate because it needs an internet connection to do it. This tablet is less than a year old so I need it fixed by you.
Emir1
Hero

Thank you for clarifying that for me, so it's been locked down by myXperia? If so, I recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and then try to see if the Wi-Fi connects properly - but please keep in mind that repairing the software will erase all locally stored data. As you can't access the device, there is no way to back up the contents I'm afraid. Slightly_frowning_Face

If it still persists, then it may be best to have it sent to an authorized service center as you mentioned. In that case, I recommend getting in touch with your Local support in order to be assisted as they are well informed in regards to your local service routines, warranty terms and consumer laws.

If my post helped, feel free to Kudo it and mark it as the Accepted solution so that other used facing the same concern may find the answer! Slightly_smiling_Face