Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 tablet compact stamina problem

SOLVED
okeeb777
Visitor

Xperia Z3 tablet compact stamina problem

Hi all, and first, i apologize for my english, sorry, Im french  😁

I own a SGP621 and since marshmallow update i have a problem with stamina : it's always on so it turns off wifi and cellular connections when tablet is in sleep mode, but now, when i open the cover, the tablet has problem to reconnect. I tried to turn off stamina and the problem disappeared... 

Any idea ? Because Stamina is quite good to extend battery life...

Thanks a lot !  

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Didrik
Enthusiast

I see. Just to confirm, the device cannot connect to your WiFi-network when you unlock the device? Can you connect your device manually to the network by going to Settings > WiFi and tapping the network? 

I'd also recommend that you go to Settings > WiFi > Tap the three dots > Tap Keep WiFi on duing sleep and make sure it's set to Always.

If this also happens while a charger is connected to your device I would also recommend that you try rebooting your tablet to safe mode to see if there is any change. That way we can rule out this being related to one of your downloaded apps or not.

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Yes, that's what stamina does if it's turned on, it disables connections whilst sleeping.
The tablet begins to reconnect when the screen is unlocked.
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello @okeeb777 and welcome to the community!

As @Viridis mentions the STAMINA-mode is supposed to disable notifications and some connections when the device is not being used (sleeping). So if you experience that you are not receiving notifications from apps such as Facebook and e-mailapplications it doesn't sound like anything is wrong with your device.

Do you mean that (for example) when you unlock your tablet you are having trouble with reconnecting to a WiFi-network? If so, are you able to manually connect to said specific network under Settings > WiFi? Tap an available network to connect to it.

You can also read more about how to boost your battery on the following link: http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3tabletcompact/dm/battery/

okeeb777
Visitor

Hi, and thanks all for helping. As I said, the problem is that the tablet don't reconnect after i open cover ; WiFi is ON, the network is registered of course but no connection. If i disable stamina, there is no problem when i wake up the  device.

and the problem is the same if tablet is in charge on it's dock or not.

Didrik
Enthusiast

I see. Just to confirm, the device cannot connect to your WiFi-network when you unlock the device? Can you connect your device manually to the network by going to Settings > WiFi and tapping the network? 

I'd also recommend that you go to Settings > WiFi > Tap the three dots > Tap Keep WiFi on duing sleep and make sure it's set to Always.

If this also happens while a charger is connected to your device I would also recommend that you try rebooting your tablet to safe mode to see if there is any change. That way we can rule out this being related to one of your downloaded apps or not.

Let me know how it goes!

okeeb777
Visitor

Hi all,

First af all i tried to let Wifi "always on" but no difference, if Stamina is "on", network is lost a few minutes after it is in sleep mode.

I have rebooted in safe mode, following your tip, so i'll get back there soon...

Thanks !

okeeb777
Visitor

Hi all, so after more than 24h in Safe Mode and rebooted yesterday at 11pm, Wifi seems to be more stable and reconnectwhen i wake up the tablet. This morning, 7h after reboot (tablet was in sleep mode, wifi in "disabled if sleep mode"), no problem...

So i'll keep testing but thanks all for helping !
Didrik
Enthusiast

Alright Slightly_smiling_Face

Just to make sure I understand, you are no longer using your tablet in safe mode? If so it sounds like this might be sorted out, let me know if there is any change to the situation!

okeeb777
Visitor

No no, i left safe mode before testing, that's allright ! 

Didrik
Enthusiast

Okidoki. Keep me in the loop in case something happens.

Have a great weekend!