Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Tablet Z Display Problem - Half screen went DARK & the other half is working fine!!!

JerryG
Visitor

Xperia Tablet Z Display Problem - Half screen went DARK & the other half is working fine!!!

I was sending out an email when my Xperia Tablet Z screen starts to flicker and it restarted itself. When it was back on, half of the screen is not working anymore whilst another half of the screen works perfectly fine and responding to touch/clicks onscreen. Auto-rotate works as well. I have tried rebooting and resetting to factory setting but the same issue with the "half-screen" persists.

I did not drop or mishandled the device since I purchased. I hope it is still under warranty as it has not been a year of using it.

Please HELP!! I need this device for my work and business meetings without it I'm "handicapped". Appreciate any of your expert advice and SONY's feedback urgently.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Mkj
Visitor

My tablet has went exactly like your screen SHADOW23RAVER. I can't find the issue on any other website.
Anyone found a fix for this?
Can't reset the tablet using power and volume buttons because I can't see the options it brings up.
mahammobeen55
Visitor

Hello Slightly_smiling_Face

Have you found a solution to this problem as I also have the same problem with my tablet.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all

This is definately a hardware problem rather than anything an update etc could fix.

I'm sorry to say its time to either get them sorted under warranty or possibly pay if the warranty has expired  Slightly_frowning_Face

kimicgyu
Visitor

Hi, i know it was long time ago but i have same problem and this is only picture and problem like mine, with Sony Tablet Xperia Z?

Have you fixed and what have you done?

AdrikaFly
Visitor

HEllo!

I have the same problem, but I'm out of warranty .... Who advise what needs to be fixed? The servis dealer told me: EXCHANGE SWAP ... but do not want to. Repair will cost € 480. I'll buy a new tablet, better for my, but Sony offered nothing !!!  

<div id="inner-editor"></div>

26/5000

You do not know why, what's wrong?

display_1 kopie.jpg

AdrikaFly
Visitor

and you know what caused you a problem?