Join now - be part of our community!

Which Headphones?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tobarre32
New

Which Headphones?

Hi all,

Thinking about buying a set of headphones to use with the tablet s.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Anyone tried any of the wireless options?  Thnaks, Tommy

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Depends how much you want to spend. I'd suggest Shure, but they're a bit pricey. Jays are pretty good.

OpOpOpla
Visitor

Check out the mdrzx700s by Sony, there's a great review, search audioshangrila on YouTube. I would say that as it me but they are one of the best at that price...

Hope that helps... Would message better but on the move.

OpOpOpla
Visitor

As sehuxle points out though it all depends on budget... its a big ocean out there... from £15 cheapies all the way past £995 for something like the sennheiser 800's and like most things in life you pay for what you get.

Below £100 I would say 100% the Sony MDRZX700's they are really a very nice sounding neutral headphone.

Below £200 the AKG 701's if you like open backed or if you prefered closed, less noise leakage the AKG K550's... Head over to head fi if you feeling a little lost, you could aend up even more tho :slight_smile:

Like I say if you are wanting to keep it all Sony the 700's are a stunning buy.

btw im completely indepenent... No Affiliation !! :slight_smile: !!

Hope that helps... typing in a bit of a rush but let me no some more info and i will get back to you...

take care...

Message was edited by: OpOpOpla

Message was edited by: OpOpOpla

tobarre32
New

Thanks for the replies folks. Should certainly have mentioned budget in my original post - would not like to spend more than £100.  Nice review on youtube OpOpOpla, certainly brings the MDRX700's to contention.  Thanks sehuxle had never even heard of Sure & Jays 8-).  Was looking at RHA since they are made locally (in Scotland) & have seen several good reviews.

A silly question but I guess the wireless options, if they are available for under £100, would drain battery life pretty swiftly, is this correct?

Thanks, Tommy.

hevster
New

I don't know if you are after in-ear but if you are I actually bought a pair of RHA MA-350.  I've had Shure and Beyerdynamic before and those are both excellent sound quality but the RHA really were a match for them, at a far lower price.  I picked mine up for @£26 direct from RHA (Reid and Heath Audio).  To be honest I went with them because they were such good value, get great reviews but mostly because they are made in the UK :-).

If you are after really good 'full' headphones then I can highly reccomend the Grado SR60i.  Looks won't be to everyone's tastes, and they are at the top end of your budget (@£90) but they do sound amazing.  Get great reviews everywhere.

I use both of them with my Tablet S and both work very well with it.

On the wireless issue I've no idea.  My mate at work has a really nice pair of bluetooth headphones but he hasn't mentioned if they drain the battery on his iPhone or iPad.  I was also considering some for my next set of cans and I'd be interested to hear about that as well if anyone on the forum uses wireless phones.

Hope that helps and good luck!

tobarre32
New

Thanks for your input hevster.  I have not ruled out earphones but anticipate my son using them when we are out and about therefore they may not be the most hygenic option :smileysilly:.  I will certainly have a look at the Grado's you mention.

mpattenden
New

If you are looking to top out your budget as mentioned and do look at the in ear option I don't think you'll get much better than the Atomic Floyd Air Jax

http://www.atomicfloyd.com/airjax

I have the titanium2 with mic as I use with both the tablet and my iphone you can get them cheaper than shown here as well. An option I would definitely suggest you look at if you decide on in ear.

With regards to your son using some we managed to get some excellent fold up skullcandy lowriders that my daughter (nearly 9yrs old) uses - very affordable around £20 and pretty robust as well!

HTH

Padster