Join now - be part of our community!

USB Connection mode

SOLVED
Steve48
Visitor

USB Connection mode

Does anyone know how to changethe usb connection mode? Itis currently PTP and need it to be MTP. I can see no option under the connectivity settings.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Just for the record,have you tried to enable USB debugging mode?

alexdon
Steve48
Visitor

Yes I have tried with this on and off.

The setting page is there somewhere - just doesn't seem to be anyway of activating it. I saw it the other day when running Helium backup - it wanted to switch to PTP mode. Having done that, I can't get it back, which means I can't use PCC either. Trying to avoid haveing to factory reset!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Steve48
Visitor

yep -tried that as well. seem to have tried most things

Steve48
Visitor

Well, spend half an hour with Sony support who eventually told me that the option should exist under USB Connectivity when NOT connected to a PC and as it wasn't the only solution was a factory reset.

I have now just done this and hey ho - the tablet is now back in MTP mode Slightly_smiling_Face - so now just have to set everything back up again Slightly_frowning_Face However, for the record, the option is STILL NOT PRESENT so I believe this must be a bug in the 5.02 release.

Also, having done the factory reset, some of the pre-installed apps are not preset, specifically the Word/Excel etc. Any idea how to get them back or do i just need to download these from Play store?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Sorry about the situation. Are you talking about office suite? It can be found on google play.

alexdon
CoJaW
Visitor

Following on from -

/t5/Xperia-8482-Z4-Tablet/External-usb-storage/m-p/1009831#U1009831

I'm beginning to think that USB support on the Z4 tablet is a bit of a dog's dinner!

Jan544544
Visitor

Deactivate My Xperia 

Restart the Device