Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet will not remember Default Browser

profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

Tablet will not remember Default Browser

Stupid issue but I did a factory reset on my tablet last week and ever since, it fails to recognise the stock browser as the default browser.

When I use the stock widget to open a bookmarked webpage it asks me which application I wish to use. I have several browsers installed as I use different browsers for different things. When I select the stock browser and set it as the default browser, it opens correctly but when I close it and then select another bookmark fromt he widget, it again asks me to select which application.

As the bookmarks are only stored in the stock browser, I thought it would have defaulted to the application automatically but it does not. Similarly, when you select the stock browser as the default, the tablet fails to remember it.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this and knows how to fix.

Thx

C

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
heavygoods
Visitor

Have you tried going into each browser within Applications and clearing all defaults associated with them all, then retrying the bookmarks widget and setting the default again?

profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

Thanks for the advice Heavygoods. I wish it were that simple but none of the other browsers have any defaults asscoiated with them. Only the stock browser and it still asks me to select a browser everytime I use the bookmarks widget.

very frustrating!

C

profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

found this too with youtube. it seems to never remeber the defaults anymore. even facebook, needs to constantly click on desktop site