Sony Tablet ICS April/May (UK&Europe) My Thoughs & Feelings + more

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
OpOpOpla
Visitor

Sony Tablet ICS April/May (UK&Europe) My Thoughs & Feelings + more

OK lets start right from the beginning:

Hi all, (long post SORRY!!)

I am a huge Sony fan! (I wont say was as you are just about clinging on to me by a thread)

From the MDRZX700's which I reviewed very favrouable on youtube, to the Vita. From My TV and amp to my Xperia S.. I have collected lots and more along the way, my friends have dubbed me the sony wh*re but im getting just ever so slightly disapointed now...

I dont have a problem with different roll out dates for software nor do I have a problem with my country getting any software updates later than others. (I do live in the UK and according to certain reports Sonys sale are made up greatly from the UK's custom).

What I have a problem with is the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing mentality. When Sony US decided to release ICS in April for USA Tablet S devices it should have spoken with other divisions of sony around the world before making the statement that ICS was been rolled out. And then an official line should have been agreed upon.

This head in the sand attitude adopted by sony is what is really driving fans mad.

I can see Sony is on a bit of a turn around at the moment with some interesting ideas set in place for their phones and I can see they are making a push to reclaim the top spot after maybe a slight wobble. What appear to be tiny things like a software update really matter, dont let lack of communication be what slips up sony.

I dont want to speak on the behalf of others as I dont have the right, however all I would greatfuly ask for is:

Upfront and clear communication, On your select ap page here in the UK you still have posts on it from last year..!! Just looks dated someone needs to work on info/bumf news and post weekly!!! Even if its  just to say check out our new Xperia GX etc..

Make everything gel together better, I can see you are trying to do this with the passport idea but its still messy..

Software with Sony plays a key part (not talking android here) and in the past I mself who studied electonic eng at uni have felt like banging my head against a screen or two.

Learn to commuincate with your customers, be creative and inspirational.. Lead dont follow. You can take Apple etc on you just need the right people and at this moment in time I think this is whats sadly missing. Men in suits, rather than out of the box thinkers who can commuincate with the many rather than the stuffy old few.

OK OK I have waffled enough now...

All im saying is learn to communicate better because if you can almost loose an utter sony nut like me then you can easily lose anybody.

(For anyone who wants to add I can root it, Yip I can but I dont want to.. I am happy to have a warrenty and doing so voids it. Also is it really my responsibility? If we take a look at ICS on the Tablet S it does from early reports fix things that should have been fine with the tablet S in the first place like its ability to forget your Wifi in a second. I should not have to work around problems a bit like the flash viewing/dont get me started on adroids fragmentation with so many other devices).

To the moderator I hear sony dont really view these sites, I do guess that you must commuincate to them from time to time so if you wouldnt mind stressing the feelings of the forum that would be great.

to finish, this is more of a plea really to Sony but i feel we a treading a never ending circle... I dont really want to go else where.. start to listen...

thank you for your time sony and the forum

sorry to rant!!! :slight_smile:

fingers crossed one light bulb goes on @ Sony HQ and  an exec think I see it all we needed to say was we are just finalising the Europe update lets keep the fans updated... also never be affraid to say sorry its not a mark of weakness its a sign youve listened

im also interested to hear others thoughts on this subject... :slight_smile:

Message was edited by: OpOpOpla

Message was edited by: OpOpOpla

91 REPLIES 91
theheadofabroom
Visitor

Just booting - can't wait to start putting some of my desktop links into catagories...

profile.country.es_ES.title
Teatimeoclock
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Do you mean you have just installed ICS on your tablet??

I haven't received any notification or message!!

How can I get the ICS? Do I have to wait till I am informed personally?

Thanks

Pedro

theheadofabroom
Visitor

Try going to settings, about tablet, and system update

profile.country.ro_RO.title
Frenzy91
Visitor

maybe just the guys in th UK got the update

OpOpOpla
Visitor

I posted on the other thread, typing now on ics is a dream compared to previous! A marked improvement, Thalamus do you know if it was just us UK or the whole of Europe? dogman a user of this forum has nothing yet in Finland, any info for him...?

thanks sony for keeping to that date here, I stand by what I say re comms but must add the pad dose feel like it has a new lease of life!

profile.country.pl_PL.title
chrisaverage
Visitor

Downloading now in Poland :smileygrin:

OpOpOpla
Visitor

oooo... its a bit speedy now :slight_smile: typing is lush, iplayer has no viewing  issues,  I can change tracks without  unlocking, wifi is now great! cant force desktop site on all sites but maybe down to each individual site. no complaints here.. im going to have a type off and surf speedvtest now with my ipad friend... now my paf has a new lease of life and wings  :dizzy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Teatimeoclock wrote:

Hi Thalamus,

Do you mean you have just installed ICS on your tablet??

I haven't received any notification or message!!

How can I get the ICS? Do I have to wait till I am informed personally?

Thanks

Pedro

Exactly as theheadofthebroom has expalined..

Click on Apps (top right) then click on Settings..

In Settings click on About

then click on Syatem Update & hopefully the update notice should appear..

profile.country.pt_PT.title
rcsimoes
Visitor

Wifi bug still persists, cant get rid of wifi lock...

theheadofabroom
Visitor

I'm having a few lock-ups on mine - going to do a factory reset, but just copying backups of all my apps and data onto my computer first.

Pretty sure it's probably just that I installed something I shouldn't have which has changed a setting that is now more important in ICS - looks like most people have gotten a great upgrade, I look forward to being as pleased with it once I've reset. Hopefully the backup should be superfluous, but having just upgraded can't be sure.

Call me paranoid but as an Ubuntu user, I frequently find that upgrades are not as smooth as they aught to be, and I end up having to reinstall. Gets you into the habit of storing your data seperately :dizzy: