Join now - be part of our community!

Play Store not working after ICS

profile.country.en_GB.title
licardo19
Visitor

Play Store not working after ICS

OK I have a Tablet S which, after being updated to ICS 4.0.3, the Google Play app no longer works. I read on here that this should be downgraded to "Market" and then upgraded again but that doesn't seem to be working. I now just have a Market app in my app list but cannot access the store with it (Loading circle then Connection timed out), neither can I access the store via the web. I'm logged in, but nothing will download. Any ideas to force the Google play app to reinstall?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

You could try clearing the app data. Go to settings then apps and find the play store.

You can't uninstall it but go for the clear data option. Not saying it will work but worth a try

licardo19
Visitor

Thanks. I've tried that but still no joy. Decided on a factory reset to set up the tablet as new. However, it reset to ICS 4.0.3 with Market App and not google play and still just times out on loading. Also, I now can't download and can't side load apps as I can't download a file manager to execute them (how can this type of software not be standard?!). I don't like Apple products but you just don't get these same hassles with them. Oh well, may be I'll try Sony directly. Really do regret this purchase...

Message was edited by: licardo19

Typo

binbash

Does it work if you install apps via the website https://play.google.com/store ? That may get you going for the time being until you find a solution.

Do your gmail and other google accounts work ok on the device?

licardo19
Visitor

Gmail works fine. When going to Google play directly from the website, if you try to download an App, if gives a message which states 'you haven't accessed the google play store app (white shopping bag app icon)' on your device with this email account. Learn more. It then says about syncing accounts but the Gmail is synced, when accessed via the gmail app icon.