Join now - be part of our community!

no ics for uk

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anubis619
Visitor

no ics for uk

why oh why is there no ics for the uk yet for sony tablet give me a good reason sony as to why your making your uk customers wait

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Heard nothing official but think we are looking at ten to fourteen days after Japan & the US release, so I guess sometime in early May but that's just my thoughts..

Nothing official but from what I recall reading around the net it seems that the rollout has been done in the US & Japan only so that they can assess if there are any issues before rolling out to the Europe & other countries....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
longtreeroad
Visitor

Because the UK is always left untill one of the last, even though we are one of the biggest consumers of sony's products!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Heard nothing official but think we are looking at ten to fourteen days after Japan & the US release, so I guess sometime in early May but that's just my thoughts..

Nothing official but from what I recall reading around the net it seems that the rollout has been done in the US & Japan only so that they can assess if there are any issues before rolling out to the Europe & other countries....

mpattenden
New

All,  I work in IT and have done for very many years. This type of phased release is not uncommon, I'm sure you'll have heard of alpha and beta programs. This next step is often termed Restricted Access or Resticted Release etc. The idea is to monitor for any bugs or issues further to the testing that are identified by the greater community - however it is a full release and once a specified time or number of users have used the release it is then moved to full release - i.e. when we should get it, which according to some reports I read was 14 ish days after US release.  Regards  Padster