Join now - be part of our community!

My S1tablet has been working OK for two weeks but today will not start up even when connected to power?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MChivers
Visitor

My S1tablet has been working OK for two weeks but today will not start up even when connected to power?

My S1 tablet has been working fine but today will not start up. When connected to power the green light is on but the screen does not show. Any clues or advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eddie86
Visitor

2 options worth trying:

press and hold the power button for 10secs to force it to turn off. Wait a minute and power back on (I've had to try this 3/4 times in a row before it worked for me).

Other option is to use a pin or needle to hit the tiny reset button just below the volume buttons

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Eddie86
Visitor

2 options worth trying:

press and hold the power button for 10secs to force it to turn off. Wait a minute and power back on (I've had to try this 3/4 times in a row before it worked for me).

Other option is to use a pin or needle to hit the tiny reset button just below the volume buttons

MChivers
Visitor

thanks great advice. it  worked!

Eddie86
Visitor

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

profile.country.BE.title
Tabletfan
New

Had the same problem and I tried to hold down the power and volume buttons at the same time for a while and suddenly it restarted. Should be kind of reset but I do not know if it is the right way.

But why does the tablet works fine for 2 weeks en then suddenly will not start up , because that is exactly the same thing that happened to me. Other owners having the same problem ?

I hope it does'nt occur to often .

Eddie86
Visitor

when it did happen to me it was before I updated, so it may have been more of an android issue?

Hasn't happend since touch wood

Ed

profile.country.pt_PT.title
MarcosWelbySilva
Visitor

My S1tablet has been working OK but today do not start up, like you said. I´ve tried all you said, but nothing occured. It begin to start up, but not complete. Can somebody help me?

Eddie86
Visitor

how far along booting up did you get? past all the swirly gold lines?

profile.country.pt_PT.title
MarcosWelbySilva
Visitor

Ed,

I wait for long time, more than 30 minutes and the gold lines running yet.

Welby

Eddie86
Visitor

try and get it to run fully out of power and then use a pin to press and hold the reset button for a count of 30. Then plug it in, let it charge for at least 15mins and try to turn it on.

I'll be surprised if that works as it sounds like the tablet is having trouble loading Android, so take it back and get it replaced is your most likely plan of attack.

Ed