Join now - be part of our community!

My phone keeps shutting down due to high temperature

Myke-hanz
Visitor

My phone keeps shutting down due to high temperature

My Sony Xperia z2 tab keeps shutting down due to high temperature yet the tab is cold as ice
Please Sony guys fix this bug
It all started after a major software update
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Myke-hanz

Reinstall the latest update with XC and report back.

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

SonOfaBeach
Visitor

I'm having this problem too. It reports the battery temp as approx. 50 degrees but tablet feels cool to touch, this is within seconds of a cold reboot too.

It seemed to happen after the 6.0.1 update then it's first charge to 100%, then this problem started. It now doesn't seem to want to accept charge once it hits approx 83%.

Would this be a software probem as it looks like getting these tablets repaired or even getting parts is a nightmare.

Z2 Tablet (SGP521) with dock/charger.

I've removed SD card and SIM & factory reset. Actual battery preformance seems fine, the temperature sensor "spikes" by up to 10 degrees now n then and I think this triggers the warning/shutdown.

coldbear
Visitor

Had this as well on an SGP511 since the upgrade to Android 6.0.
Finally, I unlocked the bootloader and used Emma to downgrade to 5.1.1 (Emma did not propose a firmware with the right customization but after installation I was able to configure locale parameters to match my region).

Not a single shutdown due to "battery overheating" for a few days, finger crossed.

See https://developer.sonymobile.com/ for instructions on how to do this and to download Emma.

nishaneranga
Visitor

hi

i haved same problema in my sony xperia Z3.

Spoiler
and i find this way but i think this not may be sony recommended.

go setting >apps and click three dots on top of the right ,then select the show system28767792_10214418407669213_1164133997_o.png28694280_10214418407629212_1185829003_o.png

roll down the list then find overheat control app then you click on it .click force stop ....wola .:smileysmileythumbsup:

Spoiler
Please be careful when using phone for a long time from now