Join now - be part of our community!

Major issues with Tablet S need help please

profile.country.en_.title
penfold02
Visitor

Major issues with Tablet S need help please

Can someone help me?

I have just bought a Tablet S and I'm having lots of problems with it. Before I explain I do have other Android devices and have no issues with these whatsoever with setting them up or use on the wifi systems I have.

1. Some apps randomly freeze

2. The browser is extremely slow and sometimes just doesnt work.

3. None of the throw functions work

4. The screen flickers from time to time

5. When setting up emails and calenders it sometimes will only import one or the other not both.

6. I've tried several stylus's for it and it doesnt perform the same way twice.

I've unistalled and reinstalled apps that are effected the most and rebooted the tablet and still problems.

Is this the 4.0.3 software issues everyone has been talking about lately? This is a major issue for me as its completely useless.

Many thanks,

Craig

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

1 2 3 5  suggest a wifi router problem

4 there is a setting under Setting - Developer options - user interface that you might want to check

I have none of these problems, and 4.0.3 is improvement in stability.

only crashimg of apps i have is when they autoupdate while i am launching them.

profile.country.en_GB.title
De8orah
New

I have recently upgraded to ICS and I am experiencing the same type of problems.

The browser is slow and often crashes (both stock and Dolphin HD)

The camera says it's stopped working.

Trying to select a link or similar sometimes results in the whole screen being selected.

Other apps freeze or crash.

It's resulted in far less use of my tablet. I hope there's a fix in the works

penfold02
Visitor

This is what I'm being told on other forums too.

penfold02
Visitor

The router is not the problem. I use it in three different locations all with different routes and wifi models and its always the same. 

I found a Sony shop with one being demonstrated and it too had issues so looks like its the ICS update thats the issue.

Sony have responded to my written complaint and asked me to send it to a service center. So I'll update once its back and hopefully sorted.

Message was edited by: penfold02

profile.country.pt_PT.title
rcsimoes
Visitor

Heres my own list of issues...

1 - screen flickering (after ICS update)

2 - wifi disconect policy not working at all (i use wifi locker for that )(before and after ICS)

3 - browser crashes randomly (after ICS)

4 - screen randomly locks while in use (after ICS)

5 - cant play youtube(browser or app) videos (or any oher videos) while multitasking (before and after ICS)

6 - upon start de music app wiget allways shows the first music in the list and not the last one played (before and after ICS)

7 - flash videos are unbearable to watch because of the lag (worse after ICs)

The tablet became more responsive after the update, but it anoys me that its flaws weren't fixed.

P.S. the Sony app drawer in HC was much more cool than this ICS one.

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

hi all,

Sony are you reading this forum?

if so the browser still hangs/crashes on many occasions, but you can still use other applications,  but if you want to connect to the Internet through the browser you have to shut down and then switch on again.

please also sort out this 'desktop site' request  so it can permanent setting please!!!

godzilla