Join now - be part of our community!

keyboard acting up after software repair

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

keyboard acting up after software repair

Did a software repair due to constant pop ups and randomly opening to playstore to various apps that i have no interest in,  since then the keyboard will work fine one minute then decide it wants to write only in caps,  the delete button goes on strike and then everything else follows suit, only way around it is to open up keyboard settings,  deselect and reselect all options and start again,  this is only a temporary fix however. 

Please don't ask me to do another software repair because this is caused the issue and it takes forever,  but I will gladly take any other help given. 

Edit, no idea why the title now says chrome browser,  the issue effects everything that needs a keyboard.. 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Spoke too soon...for God's sake. 

Jonas
Master

I understand it's frustrating. Slightly_frowning_Face

I'm really sorry that I didn't mention that you should have turned off automatic updates for the Chrome application after you uninstalled updates for the app. If it's related to the app version and automatic updates are turned on in Google Play store the app will be updated to the latest version.

Start with uninstalling updates for the Chrome application. Go to Settings > Apps > Chrome > 3 dots > Uninstall updates.

Open up the Google Play store and search for "Chrome". The top alternative should be "Chrome Browser - Google", tap on it and you should be directed to the Chrome page in the Google Play store. Press the 3 dots in the top right corner > uncheck the box next to "Auto-update". Is it working now?

If not I would recommend that you try and download another browser in your phone. There is also a Chrome beta application that you can download from the Google Play store.

Keep me updated! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Yep, that's sorted it thanks,  automatic updates was the culprit,  cheers Jonas.

Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that it's working now! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!