Join now - be part of our community!

ICS YET?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
longtreeroad
Visitor

ICS YET?

is there any chance of some info in regards to ICS? Any response from sony would be really good!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi longtreeroad,

Sony do not usually reply on the forum as it's a user 'support' forum..:smileyhappy:

Heard nothing official but think we are looking at ten to fourteen days after Japan & the US release, so I guess sometime in early May but that's just my thoughts..

Nothing official but from what I recall reading around the net it seems that the rollout has been done in the US & Japan only so that they can assess if there are any issues before rolling out to the Europe & other countries....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
welshrubberduck
Visitor

Totally agree, very frustrating and am getting near the point of rooting my tablet and installing the USA update.... but that would invalidate the warranty, but maybe thats what Sony UK want :wink:

Come on Sony get your act together, USA have had this a week now, why the wait and no info!!!!!!!!

longtreeroad
Visitor

I have downloaded everything ready to root and upgrade, only reason I stopped is because I was not sure the rom was the true American release.

gets beyond a joke!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi longtreeroad,

Sony do not usually reply on the forum as it's a user 'support' forum..:smileyhappy:

Heard nothing official but think we are looking at ten to fourteen days after Japan & the US release, so I guess sometime in early May but that's just my thoughts..

Nothing official but from what I recall reading around the net it seems that the rollout has been done in the US & Japan only so that they can assess if there are any issues before rolling out to the Europe & other countries....

mpattenden
New

All,

I work in IT and have done for very many years. This type of phased release is not uncommon, I'm sure you'll have heard of alpha and beta programs. This next step is often termed Restricted Access or Resticted Release etc. The idea is to monitor for any bugs or issues further to the testing that are identified by the greater community - however it is a full release and once a specified time or number of users have used the release it is then moved to full release - i.e. when we should get it, which according to some reports I read was 14 ish days after US release.

Regards

Padster