Join now - be part of our community!

Driver download for sony tablet.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
GaiusCoffey
Visitor

Driver download for sony tablet.

Hi,

Apologies for this thread that shouldn't be necessary!

I need to download USB drivers for Sony Tablet S SGPT111GB/S as I am attempting to use it for debug and development of an app.

I have already checked all the support links and even sent a support request, all these direct me to a page where I can enter the product code and see a page of details about the tablet, but none of them point me to the drivers download page for this product that Windows 7 Compatibility guide assures me are available.

Please can somebody point me to an actual driver _DOWNLOAD_ link for Sony Tablet S?

Thanks,

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
stowball
Visitor

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi GaiusCoffey,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As far as I was aware there are not any USB drivers, or any drivers, for the Tablet S available the Sony support pages..:smileyconfused:

The only Download link that is available simply informs on how to install the Android 4.0.3 System Update..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

GaiusCoffey wrote:

Any clues how to go about this?

The short answer is NO..:smileygrin:

Can't promise anything but let me see if I can get some info from my contacts at Sony, if & when I hear anything I'll update this thread..

GaiusCoffey
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for the reply, I have the 4.0.3 already installed, but yes, it looks like you're right...

However, what I need to do is to get my Windows 7 machine to recognise it for debugging. It sees it for media transfer or as a camera, but won't allow me to connect to it for debugging via Flash Builder.

For my Motorola Xoom, the situation was the same but there was a driver pack I could download from Motorola that would allow Windows to recognise it as a device as well.

Any clues how to go about this?

Thanks,

G

GaiusCoffey
Visitor

Thanks, much appreciated,

G

profile.country.en_GB.title
stowball
Visitor

This post on Stack Overflow seems to answer your question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9006455/how-to-install-a-sony-tablet-s-as-an-adb-device

Cheers

Matt

GaiusCoffey
Visitor

Thanks, Matt, I will check that out.

G