Join now - be part of our community!

Charging issue on Z4 tablet

Ilirg
Visitor

Charging issue on Z4 tablet

Hi

Wondering if anywone else have the same issue as me. I really love this tablet but the charging time is terrible. 10% per hour with the tablet switched off. This is bugging me so much. I tried with my charger from samsung wich has a bit stronger output but same thing there. If i use The tablet while charging it will still not keep up even if I decrease brightness to 50%. Is this normal? I switched from ipad 2 air to z4 

Slightly_frowning_Face

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ilirg

Are you using a wall charger? or charging through the Dock or computer?

Ilirg
Visitor

Wall only

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ilirg

There's probably an app acting up, repair the tablet with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Ilirg
Visitor

Thanks for your advice.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ilirg

Keep us updated.

profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

Why not check battery usage before having to perform a complete rebuilt of the tablet. Could then perhaps just try reinstalling any app high up on bat usage. Always very quick to suggest a compete reinstall of the firmware. That takes a long time to get the device back to how you had it setup.
Ilirg
Visitor

The thing is that the charging issue should not be affected by any apps if the tablet is off. Thats why I dont understand why should I reinstall the whole thing. I read it on some other forums that it takes about 4-5 days of usage untill the battery starts working properly. So I will wait a few days and see if something changes

dug44
Visitor

how many amps is your charger? standard phone wall worts often only suply 1amp, but I use a 2.1 amp charget for the z2 and it does charge faster.

Ilirg
Visitor

The Sony charger has an output of 1.5A and the Samsung charger that I'm using now 2.0A. I think I kan see a small difference in charging time with the Samsung charger but not that significant unfortunatly. I men 3-4 hours to charge it full I would fing acceptable but 10 hours is just to **bleep** long. The disscharging time is fine though, so not all is lost for me and my Z4.

And as I said I really love this thing so and not looking forward to returning it at all Slightly_frowning_Face

I REALLY thank you guys and I will keep you updated if anything changes.