Join now - be part of our community!

Can't do Screen Mirroring (miracast) and WiFi connection simultaneously

SOLVED
thanawat
Visitor

Can't do Screen Mirroring (miracast) and WiFi connection simultaneously

Why is it that when I use screen mirroring (miracast) it have to disconnect me from wifi? All my samsung product phone + tablet can use miracast and wifi the same time. Is this a software bug or hardware limitation cause if its hardware limitation i can return it before my refund period runs out. Its pretty usless for me to do screen mirroring without access to wifi (want to stream video of internet from wifi to my TV).

35 REPLIES 35
Mike_NgTW
Visitor

Dear Sony Xperia..

After reading from the top user from this thread do share the same problems , I am
totally very disappoint by your words put up on this forums. That come to a conclusion
this hardware I brought is totally useless that I can't even screen mirroring under
WiFi connection not be possible , what is this kind of explanation making us a fool.

Before your release this Xperia Tablet Z on to the market, you make a advertisement
on how your tablet z can be mirroring to any TV even on a Sony Bravia TV can be seen
on your youtube sony products page. So how am I going to accept your words you put up
on this forum, should I put this messages across all over the net forums and show just
what kind of hardware we buy.

I feel like selling of and telling all my friends to stop buying this product that
can't even works at all, how am I going to buy next product which I do not have any
confidant does it work or not.

Soony
Visitor

So does this issue mean that I could not mirror any movies purchased from Sony Video Unlimited because they stream on wifi?  I would have to pay for a movie and then settle on watching it on tablet instead of on a large screen TV?  If so, that is definitely not what I was lead to expect from the promotional advertising for the Xperia Tablet Z.

Rickard
Master

You will need connect the tablet to your TV using MHL (cable) in that case.

Soony
Visitor

Yowza, guess I'll start shopping for a fifteen foot long cable for my NFC WiFi tablet.
Rave
Visitor

Ok this is my second post, Do what I said
first of all ensure that your Tv and phone have the same internet wifi connection
Second step create screen mirroring widget at your phone screen.
Third you may begin turn on screen mirrror from that widget also set your Bravia to screen mirror mode
Last step go in setting>wifi>(choose bravia wifi direct) then choose 'forget'
There you go!!! Good luck and love Sony ❤️
JoeFourMan
Visitor

So the official word is that this doesn't and never will work on this tablet? No technical explanation? no reasoning? No apology? Just, we looked into it and nope. Yep sure seems like this issue has been "solved". How is it possible that a brand new tablet with dual band capabilities can't support screen mirroring with wifi?
Soony
Visitor

Yes, but on the brighter side we can always hold our tablets under a water spigot.  That's got to be worth more than some dumb old mirroring...... Heading to the bathtub now.

Mattaja
Visitor

Honestly?

I've been arguing with my wife for two weeks solid about why we should by the Sony Experia Table Z instead if an iPad. Yesterday I won! 

And today I'm returning it. 

Please tell me you're kidding?

reg6ft31
Visitor

Total joke, just got a Tablet Z and a Bravia 46W905A. Why don't Sony stop their silly salesmen still advertising this none existant feature and remove all mention of this in their ads!!!!

Mattias
Visitor

This is very dissapointing news.

How can a brand new tablet not support mirroring and wifi at the same time?

The Netgear PTV3000 Miracast dongle that I bought is useless if I cannot use the wifi...

Also all your competitors seem to be able to have mirroring and wifi at the same time.

Just to mention a few of them: HTC, Samsung and Google Nexus phones/tablets...