Join now - be part of our community!

Backup/Restore App -- stores backups where? "Delete record" does what?

SOLVED
Dick_W
Visitor

Backup/Restore App -- stores backups where? "Delete record" does what?

I had used the Backup/Restore app under 4.1.x to backup the table to itself. Upon installing the 4.2.2 update, there was some message about did I want to delete unusable 4.1 Backups? IIRC, I said no. Went into the App to make sure I knew what I was about to "delete" and did a "Delete Backup Record".

Concern is that free storage changed much less than I expected. Not sure how big the backup would have been but it sure took a lot longer to write than only the hunderd or so MB freed up would suggest.

Any idea where the locally stored backups are stored ? Went looking with Astro and found nothing obvious...

Anybody can confirm "Delete Backup Record" actually deletes the backed-up data not just the metadata of it having been done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

Backups are stored in the folder ".semc-fullbackup" on the internal storage or SD-card. This is a hidden folder so you need to select Show hidden files in Astro.

Deleting a backup from Backup & restore show remove all files in that backup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rickard
Master

Backups are stored in the folder ".semc-fullbackup" on the internal storage or SD-card. This is a hidden folder so you need to select Show hidden files in Astro.

Deleting a backup from Backup & restore show remove all files in that backup.

Dick_W
Visitor

Thanks!
Malam123
Visitor

No message restored. 

I did it exactly the way u told 

But while importing it showed that msg restored but nothing restored