Join now - be part of our community!

Android 4.1

profile.country.en_GB.title
tobarre32
New

Android 4.1

I have the tablet s running 4.0.3.  I subscribe to the times who have released a new app for subscribers.  However the new app requires 4.1 & the old app is no longer active.  I have tried "System Update" but get this reply: "The system software is up to date".  When will we get 4.1?  Is there anything I can do meantime?  Thanks, Tommy

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Rumour is, at some point, the tablet s will receive 4.1 update.

The Times App should be compatible also with Android 4.0

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.thetimes

If it is not: contact the makers of the app, not the tablet. Let the app makers solve it. It is not like every other tablet device is on Android 4.1 yet and the Sony Tablet S would be the last to upgrade. There are many tablets and smartphones that are at Android 3.2 and 2.x even. The Times is aiming at a very small market (today) if it would only work on Android 4.1. Unless it is a beta-app that they are just testing and plan to truly launch next year, restricting it to 4.1 only makes no sense.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tobarre32
New

Thanks breedBenR.  The new app is now working on my tablet s with 4.0.3 despite the Times claiming it is only compatible with 4.1.  Don't know why it wasn't working yesterday.  Tommy