Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.CZ.title
neslote
Explorer

WH-1000XM2 headphones deactivates HDR on Netflix when paired with KD-65XE9305 television

I just returned my Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones for a refund because when paired with my KD-65XE9305 television they deactivated HDR on the Netflix app that came pre-installed on the TV. When I unpaired the headphones, HDR was working fine again on Netflix. I noticed this while watching Godless.

It seems very strange that the bluetooth audio connection is somehow disrupting the HDR video. I wonder if it is due to the LDAC codec, because HDR worked fine when I paired with other Bluetooth Headphones, Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2.

Is this a known issue that will be fixed? If so, I might reconsider buying the headphones again. They had a great sound and there were no AV synch issues.

I don’t know if it’s important but I live in the Czech Republic and have the TV connected to my Sony STR-DN1030 AV receiver via HDMI for ARC.

The reason I got the headphones is because my wife doesn’t like to have the sound very loud. I wanted to wear the headphones so we could watch the same thing with me having the sound high while she listens at a quieter volume to the sound coming through the speakers. The WH-1000XM2 seemed to worked well for this until I noticed the HDR problem.

Who Me Too'd this topic