Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Walkman NW-A55L album transfer Issue...Are you kidding me??

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SimpleShaun

Sony Walkman NW-A55L album transfer Issue...Are you kidding me??

I posted yesterday about my headphones now I have another issue with a Sony device. This time my brand new Sony NW-A55L. The most basic thing as well, unbelievably I can't transfer music to my 128gb micro SD memory card from Music Centre. It worked fine for the first month or so, not one issue, now I can't transfer nothing only to the internal 11gb, which is no were near the size I need.

Let me just explain this torment, my album is on music centre, I then try to transfer the album to my Walkman, I can see in Music centre that the transfer has went ahead, I unplug my Walkman and hey presto no album on the Walkman? What kind of nonsense is this?  I took the micro SD card out the Walkman put the card in my computer, card shows fine in music centre, I transfer an album in music centre to my micro SD card everything goes fine, I then take the SD card out and put it in the Walkman and hey presto no album again... 

I have reset the dam thing, formatted the card etc, still no joy. 180 pounds spent on a portable music player that can't transfer music to a memory card? Come on Sony, sort it out...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
SimpleShaun

I would just like to update you all that the issue is fixed. After many days and days of trying to fix this problem, One day my Walkman just completely stopped working, it would not even turn on. I was so angry as I have only just bought the item. But I took out the Micro SD card and voila, it was working again perfect, I can even transfer music to the internal storage.

My Scandisk 128 GB micro SD card was bought brand new, but unfortunately has somehow become faulty in less than 2 weeks... Thankfully the issue has now been fixed, the only problem I have next is what SD card do I buy to replace it? I bought that SD card off eBay brand new, I think I will try Amazon instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Shaun,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team here for further advice.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
SimpleShaun

I would just like to update you all that the issue is fixed. After many days and days of trying to fix this problem, One day my Walkman just completely stopped working, it would not even turn on. I was so angry as I have only just bought the item. But I took out the Micro SD card and voila, it was working again perfect, I can even transfer music to the internal storage.

My Scandisk 128 GB micro SD card was bought brand new, but unfortunately has somehow become faulty in less than 2 weeks... Thankfully the issue has now been fixed, the only problem I have next is what SD card do I buy to replace it? I bought that SD card off eBay brand new, I think I will try Amazon instead.