Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A45 line out cable

profile.country.GB.title
Gsteruk
Explorer

NW-A45 line out cable

Hi all

I'm hoping to get a NW-A45 soon, but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the wm port to line out cable, which I understand is needed for line out?  Do Sony sell them, or does anyone know where to find them? Thanks a lot

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Gsteruk
Explorer

It is a bit of a strange thing, from what I can tell it's because it's their own proprietary DAC, line out is quite essential for me so it looks like I'll need to pass

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

For line out, you can use the WMport to jack cable or Sony walkman dock since analog pin for audio L/R  out are connected within A45.

Will be better than the headphone jack but since it's a walkman and not a deck, output is not as strong as a dedicated player but with a portable amp, it's the best connection you can deal with if you go analog of course

Walk__Man
New

Hey, I'm quite late on this but I recently got an older BCR-NWU7 walkman dock. It's not a perfect fit for the NW-A45 but it'll dunk down just fine and you get charging + line out which is great for just sitting on top of my mini stereo setup.

I had to get it used from Amazon Japan with "fufilled by Amazon" DHL international shipping it came out to about 2000 yen which is a bit under $20USD. It's a lot more expensive on ebay. There don't seem to be any available right now but it's something to keep an eye on if you want a good solution for a Walkman line-out dock: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002P67VE0/