Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A45 creating database every time its turned on, driving me nuts

dedzaboy
New

NW-A45 creating database every time its turned on, driving me nuts

Hi all, I recently bought a Sony NW-A45 Walkman and installed a 128gb SD card with around 90gb of music on it. It works and plays fine BUT every time I turn the thing on it shows "creating database" and takes a few minutes to do so, which is immensely frustrating. I haven't added or deleted anything in between times so this shouldn't be necessary, how do I stop it doing this?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @dedzaboy, welcome to the Community.

The NW-A45 does this automatically on power up. You may find using a different SD card will help reduce the boot time, or creating a database without folders, but the best advice I could offer is to simply leave the player switched on. Battery life is huge on these things, and nothing is gained by powering them off after each use. 

Cheers

Mick

dedzaboy
New

Really? Well that's disappointing. I only use it in my car so of course it gets left lying around unused quite a lot, but I guess I'll give it a go and see how long the battery lasts. Pretty crap setup though, no? Thanks for the info

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@dedzaboy  I'm a little staggered too. 

ROFL at "just leave it on."

I'm not sure the battery lasts indefinately :wink:

I'm just wondering what happens when the battery drains completely?

Oh yes, it turns off. :scream:

profile.country.ES.title
lerimock
New

I just bought a sony nw-a45 and the "creating database" issue is absolutely dissapointing. Unacceptable. I have an older Fiio X1 and didn't do that and it was really much faster. Is not any change to avoid it or speed it up?

Really dissapointed with Sony.