Join now - be part of our community!

No code for CDX-M8800

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
happymatty
Visitor

No code for CDX-M8800

I recently purchased a car that had a Sony CDX-M8800 radio installed, the battery had gone flat whilst the previous owner was selling it meaning that when I bought the car the radio was asking for the code. It was unknown to me that the previous owner hadn't included this in the pack that came with the car (idiot). Is there anyway I can get the code or reset this (I also don't have the remote for it) as it looks like a cool radio and I am using one with a lower spec at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Matty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi happymatty,

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a quick fix for this.  This particular model has a function for the owner to set their own security code if they so choose.  The fact that your model is asking for a code tells us that one has been set - so the only way of knowing what the code is, is by asking the previous owner (that would be the closest to a quick fix if that's a possibility).

Otherwise, if this isn't an option, the only route I can suggest is that you'd have to get in touch with Sony (I note the manual says something like if you do set a code, don't lose it(!) so how straightforward a solution there'd be I'm not sure).

Sorry this doesn't help directly, but hope you get some joy with asking Sony if there's a way to reset/deactivate the code.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
daempii
Visitor

For all I know, this type of stereo has a sticker on the top of it. You may try to check that out and see if there is any code you can use to unlock it. Anyway, you can also contact Sony as they might be able to help you unlocking it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Matty,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you tried removing the Radio to see if there is a sticker with the radio's code on the casing.?

You may need to purchase a set of release keys or you could visit a local car stereo installer & ask to borrow a set of release keys..

You can find instructions on how to remove the radio on page 25 of the User Guide - http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3261850111.pdf

Drumzman
New

Hi happymatty,

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a quick fix for this.  This particular model has a function for the owner to set their own security code if they so choose.  The fact that your model is asking for a code tells us that one has been set - so the only way of knowing what the code is, is by asking the previous owner (that would be the closest to a quick fix if that's a possibility).

Otherwise, if this isn't an option, the only route I can suggest is that you'd have to get in touch with Sony (I note the manual says something like if you do set a code, don't lose it(!) so how straightforward a solution there'd be I'm not sure).

Sorry this doesn't help directly, but hope you get some joy with asking Sony if there's a way to reset/deactivate the code.

Cheers.