Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900U no sound from ipod

profile.country.en_GB.title
ddinnov
Visitor

MEX-BT3900U no sound from ipod

Hi,

Just bought this and had it installed by halfords. I have paired it with my HTC desire over bluetooth which works fine, the CD player works fine, I can play my ipod nano (fairly new one) through the AUX input - however..

....the ipod doesn't produce any sound when plugged in to the USB cable. I tried the ipod white cable and I bought one from halfords, neither of them work. The tracks display on stereo and I can switch track, etc from the stereo. I plugged it in with the volume on the unit turned down as well.

The manual says that the display on the ipod should say Xplod which it doesn't, I can also change it so that the ipod is controlled manually.

I read the support site and found this page here:

"There is no sound even though track information is displayed"

"When a USB device is connected to this unit at the same time as another device (e.g. Bluetooth connection) , there might be no sound, depending on the USB device (Digital Media Player). In such a case, change the audio output setting of the DMP device or disconnect the connection of another device"

Surely a bluetooth hands free phone can co-exist with a USB connected Ipod at the same time?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

0 REPLIES 0