Join now - be part of our community!

Mex bt3800U iPhone and bluetooth issues

SOLVED
profile.country.no_NO.title
Skybeert
Visitor

Mex bt3800U iPhone and bluetooth issues

Hi

I use the mex bt3800u and a iPhone 4 in my car. I use usb for music because of it's higher quality, and want to use bluetooth for handsfree. The problem is when the devices are paired, the stereo starts switching from usb to bluetooth audio, but then there's no sound from usb nor bluetooth even though the iphone says it plays music. Only way to get the sound back is to turn off bluetooth and switch back to usb, but then i've got no handsfree.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is it possible to dissable bluetooth audio?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Skybeert,

Unfortunately neither the BT3800U nor the iPhone as far as I know have the functionality to individually disable the two different Bluetooth profiles (hands-free & audio); they're either both on or both off.

That said I do have a rather unconventional suggestion for you :dizzy: as while it is not possible to individually control the two separate Bluetooth profiles on either product, it is possible to connect two separate Bluetooth devices to each profile on the BT3800U.  I know this because an old mobile phone I had with Bluetooth supported only hands-free and not audio, so I was able to connect a Bluetooth enabled Walkman I had for music at the same time as my phone..... in other words the phone connected with the hands-free profile while the Walkman connected to the audio profile.

So to explain, my unconventional suggestion for you is as follows, but does mean that you would need another Bluetooth audio device (I told you this was a bit off the wall!! :smileygrin:).

The reason you are having the problem is because your iPhone is connecting with both profiles on the BT3800U and so automatically assumes when you start music playback that you want to use the Bluetooth.  If you do have another Bluetooth audio device (or can lay your hands on something cheap) then if you pair this with the BT3800U, and always connect this before you connect your iPhone, then this will take up the audio profile on your BT3800U which means that your iPhone can only take the remaining hands-free profile when it pairs.  That way you effectively separate the two profiles and your iPhone can be used hands-free while you should be able to use the source selector to choose where you want your music to the played from - in this case USB.

As I say, a bit unconventional and potentially a bit of a nuisance to do this each time, but it should at least achieve what you want (as long as you have another audio device with Bluetooth!).

Not sure if this solution will appeal, but hope it helps anyway! :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Skybeert,

Unfortunately neither the BT3800U nor the iPhone as far as I know have the functionality to individually disable the two different Bluetooth profiles (hands-free & audio); they're either both on or both off.

That said I do have a rather unconventional suggestion for you :dizzy: as while it is not possible to individually control the two separate Bluetooth profiles on either product, it is possible to connect two separate Bluetooth devices to each profile on the BT3800U.  I know this because an old mobile phone I had with Bluetooth supported only hands-free and not audio, so I was able to connect a Bluetooth enabled Walkman I had for music at the same time as my phone..... in other words the phone connected with the hands-free profile while the Walkman connected to the audio profile.

So to explain, my unconventional suggestion for you is as follows, but does mean that you would need another Bluetooth audio device (I told you this was a bit off the wall!! :smileygrin:).

The reason you are having the problem is because your iPhone is connecting with both profiles on the BT3800U and so automatically assumes when you start music playback that you want to use the Bluetooth.  If you do have another Bluetooth audio device (or can lay your hands on something cheap) then if you pair this with the BT3800U, and always connect this before you connect your iPhone, then this will take up the audio profile on your BT3800U which means that your iPhone can only take the remaining hands-free profile when it pairs.  That way you effectively separate the two profiles and your iPhone can be used hands-free while you should be able to use the source selector to choose where you want your music to the played from - in this case USB.

As I say, a bit unconventional and potentially a bit of a nuisance to do this each time, but it should at least achieve what you want (as long as you have another audio device with Bluetooth!).

Not sure if this solution will appeal, but hope it helps anyway! :slight_smile: