Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3800 unecessary beeping after switch off?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pen69sky
Visitor

MEX-BT3800 unecessary beeping after switch off?

Hi.

As mentioned above, when I turn the ignition off, I hear this from the stereo (beep beep beep pause, beep beep beep pause, beep beep beep pause).

It's unecessary! Is there any way to stop this annoying behaviour?

Do other owners of the XPLOD stereos experience the same?

Many thanks y'all.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Tags (3)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
facade
Visitor

Remove the front panel.

It beeps to tell you to take the front panel off before you leave the car.

View solution in original post

Drumzman
New

Hi pen69sky,

It can be done but only by wiring your stereo a little differently.  The way your stereo is wired up at the moment you have a red and a yellow wire round the back - both for power and wired separately (the yellow is live all the time, whereas the red is only live when you have the car's ignition on).  The advantage of having a car where you can wire up this way is that when you leave the car and remove the keys from the ignition, your radio is automatically switched off (but this is why you have the alarm tone too).

If you remove the unit from your dashboard and look for the red and yellow wires at the back you will notice that along the yellow wire is a connector that can accommodate two wires (where only one is being used at the moment.  There is a similar connector, but for only one wire along the red wire too.  If you pull apart the red wire at the rubbery connector and then connect the red wire from the stereo into the spare position in the yellow wire (as is diagram 'c' below) then this will resolve the bleeping issue.  However - there is a disadvantage.  The unit is permanently supplied with power from the car battery, so each time you leave the car you have to remember to turn your stereo off.  This might seem obvious, but if you had the volume turned down then it is possible to forget and you might suffer a flat battery.

Incidentally, the reason the facility to wire the unit like this is provided is that some cars don't provide a separate 'accessory' supply for the red wire to be connected to, so you have no choice.

Hope this helps.

Power Options.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
facade
Visitor

Remove the front panel.

It beeps to tell you to take the front panel off before you leave the car.

pen69sky
Visitor

thanks facade for informing me that it's the front-panel reminder. At least I now know why!

But, realistically, I never bother to remove the panel.

So, does anyone know if there is a way of disabling this security feature?

Because, I know many people will appreciate this security feature, but personally I just find it annoying.

thanks again.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Drumzman
New

Hi pen69sky,

It can be done but only by wiring your stereo a little differently.  The way your stereo is wired up at the moment you have a red and a yellow wire round the back - both for power and wired separately (the yellow is live all the time, whereas the red is only live when you have the car's ignition on).  The advantage of having a car where you can wire up this way is that when you leave the car and remove the keys from the ignition, your radio is automatically switched off (but this is why you have the alarm tone too).

If you remove the unit from your dashboard and look for the red and yellow wires at the back you will notice that along the yellow wire is a connector that can accommodate two wires (where only one is being used at the moment.  There is a similar connector, but for only one wire along the red wire too.  If you pull apart the red wire at the rubbery connector and then connect the red wire from the stereo into the spare position in the yellow wire (as is diagram 'c' below) then this will resolve the bleeping issue.  However - there is a disadvantage.  The unit is permanently supplied with power from the car battery, so each time you leave the car you have to remember to turn your stereo off.  This might seem obvious, but if you had the volume turned down then it is possible to forget and you might suffer a flat battery.

Incidentally, the reason the facility to wire the unit like this is provided is that some cars don't provide a separate 'accessory' supply for the red wire to be connected to, so you have no choice.

Hope this helps.

Power Options.png

pen69sky
Visitor

Hey, thanks very much for a very detailed reply drumzman! It really did help.:smileyhappy:

So well explained that I totally understand the logic in what you describe.

The cautionary advice is appreciated also, coz I am forgetful and it is possible that I could mute the volume and not realise I've left the stereo on.   =flat battery!!!!!!!!

So, I'll see if I can live with it (I probably will get used to it), before I consider rewiring it.

Thanks again for giving me all the info I would need if I decide to eliminate the beeping by rewiring it.

Cheers bro.  :wink:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim