Join now - be part of our community!

How do I connect a Sony xplod car radio to a Renault Scenic (2006) with steering wheel control

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
srikantgs
Visitor

How do I connect a Sony xplod car radio to a Renault Scenic (2006) with steering wheel control

Does anyone knows how to connect Sony Xplod Car radio to a Renault Grand Scenic 2006 model with steering wheel control.

Message was edited by: srikantgs

Message was edited by: srikantgs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi srikantgs,

This should be possible, but you'll need adapter leads from a third party company (Sony don't do them).

Essentially you'll need two types of lead - a steering wheel adapter for your make of car, and then a patch lead from this to whatever make of stereo you have (Obviously Sony in your case).

There are one or two companies that make the adapters, although I've used these guys a couple of times and found them to be very good (see link below).

http://www.connects2.co.uk/

Although you should be able to work out what you need from the website, I'd be inclined to perhaps contact them directly to make sure what they have is compatible, as some car manufacturers do have a habit of changing wiring configurations slightly without telling anyone!!:smileyconfused:

Hope they have what you need anyway.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi srikantgs,

This should be possible, but you'll need adapter leads from a third party company (Sony don't do them).

Essentially you'll need two types of lead - a steering wheel adapter for your make of car, and then a patch lead from this to whatever make of stereo you have (Obviously Sony in your case).

There are one or two companies that make the adapters, although I've used these guys a couple of times and found them to be very good (see link below).

http://www.connects2.co.uk/

Although you should be able to work out what you need from the website, I'd be inclined to perhaps contact them directly to make sure what they have is compatible, as some car manufacturers do have a habit of changing wiring configurations slightly without telling anyone!!:smileyconfused:

Hope they have what you need anyway.

Cheers.