Join now - be part of our community!

Handsfree over Line Out problem with MEX-BT2700

profile.country.pt_PT.title
bliblablu
Visitor

Handsfree over Line Out problem with MEX-BT2700

I have a MEX-BT2700, and for the past 2 years I didn't realize any major problems with this car unit. No problems too with the handsfree, making and receiving calls well.

Some days ago I did installed a Power Amplifier, the Sony XPLOD XM-GTR7040, to get better and powerful sound from the speakers without overloading the built-in amplifier of the MEX-BT2700. In order to do that, I've choose the get the audio signal from the RCA Line Outputs of the head unit to input into the amplifier, then I realized that had lost the sound from any call. The mic reception to be heard was fine, but I just couldn't hear anything. For everything else the audio had no problems, even to listen over the BT Audio music streaming from a phone or any other Bluetooth media player.

So, I can receive audio from a phone communication, only by the front speakers, which I did already knew, but only if toked from the high level outputs from the head unit.

I really want to continue using the Bluetooth capability of the head unit, making calls and hear them on the car speakers, but I still want too use my new power amplifier connected from the line outputs.

Anyone knows if this is a malfunction of my MEX-BT2700, or if it is just a bad characteristic of the MEX-BT car units. I say bad because if you can´t use those two good capabilities together, Bluetooth handsfree calls and line outputs to amplifier, of course this is a bad compromise to the optimal and full experience of a Sony car unit.

Hope replies,

Thanx

0 REPLIES 0