Join now - be part of our community!

CDX-GT530UI - The system whirrs when reset but doesn't work. Any ideas?

profile.country.en_GB.title
dicky58
Visitor

CDX-GT530UI - The system whirrs when reset but doesn't work. Any ideas?

I've just bought a VW Polo with a the Sony CDX-GT530Ui fitted.  I was told that it didn't work and they were right.  It all seems to be wired up correctly but the unit doesn't illuminate/work.  I've swopped over the red and yellow wires as it suggests on one forum and the system whirred but still didn't work.  Any ideas ??

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi dicky58,

It could be that the unit is faulty, but there's one thing I'd be tempted to try before reaching this conclusion.

You say you've tried swapping round the red and yellow wire?  The fact that you get a whirring noise sounds encouraging to me - it sounds like there is one other wiring configuration that you might not have tried which could help.

Both the red and the yellow wire have a connector part way along them which is what allows them to be switched round as you described.  However the yellow wire has a double connector that allows two wires to be connected simultaneously - have you tried connecting both the red and yellow wire from the CDX-GT530UI into this connector?

Hope this might get a result!

Best of luck.