Join now - be part of our community!

CDX-GT31U......RM-X118A

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tallphotography
Visitor

CDX-GT31U......RM-X118A

I have recently purchased a car with the following Head-unit and remote. Are they compatible? I need to know before I spend money on a battery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Tallphotography,

Not a definitive answer maybe, but according to the manual for the CDX-GT31 the optional remote is an RMX114.  If you were a betting person then it sounds to me like an RMX118 might be worth a go (depending on how much a battery is!!) as there is often a fair amount of compatibility between remotes even if if might not be the specific model for your radio perhaps.

Hope this helps - good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drumzman
New

Hi Tallphotography,

Not a definitive answer maybe, but according to the manual for the CDX-GT31 the optional remote is an RMX114.  If you were a betting person then it sounds to me like an RMX118 might be worth a go (depending on how much a battery is!!) as there is often a fair amount of compatibility between remotes even if if might not be the specific model for your radio perhaps.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Tallphotography
Visitor

Hi Drumz, you were right it does work! I managed to take advantage of a cock-up by Halfords and got 2 CR2025 batteries for £1.89 instead of 5 quid cos the price tag was wrong! Slipped one of them in to the remote and it's working fine :laughing:

Tallphotography
Visitor

Hi Drumz, thanx for your reply. The gamble was made possible by halfords when they priced a 2 pack of CR2025s for £1.89 instead of 5 quid! Slipped on in to the remote and hey presto it worked :smileylaugh:.

Happy Days!