Join now - be part of our community!

CDX-605 Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bollyw
Visitor

CDX-605 Problem

Am running a CDX-605 cd changer through an XR-C6100R head unit in my old Merc. All appears to be correctly plumbed in. Thing is, the D Bass function works fine on the radio and tape but the CD function comes out really tinny and the D Bass function makes no difference. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Bollyw,

Difficult to know what the problem is here...

A couple of things I'd be tempted to try:

First check that the phono plugs (the red and white audio connectors) to the CDX-605 are securely fitted at both the autochanger and stereo end.

The only other thing I can think is that I seem to remember some stereos had a 'source tone' memory - can't recall if yours was one of them though.  Anyway, all this meant was than you could set the bass and treble controls independently for each source i.e. radio, cassette, CD.  I wonder whether it's possible that you have a reasonable setting for bass on radio and tape, but it is turned right down for CD - which would also mean that the D-Bass switch would also not have as much effect when on CD.  Adjusting this source tone is simply a matter of listening to whatever source you want and then using the SEL button to scroll through bass and treble settings - and then doing this for each source in turn including CD (that's assuming your stereo is one of the ones that does this).

Don't know if this will help?

All the best.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi Bollyw,

Difficult to know what the problem is here...

A couple of things I'd be tempted to try:

First check that the phono plugs (the red and white audio connectors) to the CDX-605 are securely fitted at both the autochanger and stereo end.

The only other thing I can think is that I seem to remember some stereos had a 'source tone' memory - can't recall if yours was one of them though.  Anyway, all this meant was than you could set the bass and treble controls independently for each source i.e. radio, cassette, CD.  I wonder whether it's possible that you have a reasonable setting for bass on radio and tape, but it is turned right down for CD - which would also mean that the D-Bass switch would also not have as much effect when on CD.  Adjusting this source tone is simply a matter of listening to whatever source you want and then using the SEL button to scroll through bass and treble settings - and then doing this for each source in turn including CD (that's assuming your stereo is one of the ones that does this).

Don't know if this will help?

All the best.

Bollyw
Visitor

Thanks Drumzman. All the connections seem ok and have tried adjusting the tone controls whilst using the CD player but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Suspect I'll need to replace something - just can't tell if it's the head unit or the changer that's faulty....