Join now - be part of our community!

wireless network help

irishpureblood
Visitor

wireless network help

i ve been really happy with my sony laptop that i got another one this week .what i have done is both computer can surf on the net through the wireless bt router.but dont know how to set it up that both and see each other wireless and share file and surf of the net. thanks for any tips ..can it be done

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Wireless and firewire networks can be fussy. Ethernetworks are the most reliable. But lets have a go.
Go to your connection wizard and follow the instructions Call your workgroup desk or lap and when it asks to save the settings to floppy or memory whatever for wireless unplug and finish Go to the other computer in the network and with the disk saved setting when instructed it should detect it. If not do it manually. Then right click on the 'c' drive icon and go to shared and security and make sure you are not connected to the internet and set up on both computers. File sharing on one the one not connected to the internet and not file sharing on the one connected to the internet or you will be so hacked. Good luck

irishpureblood
Visitor

so your saying it can be done wireless 2 lapstop can share files with each other and surf the internet through the bt wireless route...so if any one of the computer is off then the other can still connect to the internet.is that right

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's pretty easy to do, they each have an IP, so usually VAIO1 would be 192.168.0.2 and the other 192.168.0.2, so if you allow them addresses to speak to each other in the firewall they'll be able to share files.