Join now - be part of our community!

winxp sp on recovery DVD of vaio fs415s

Ninad
Visitor

winxp sp on recovery DVD of vaio fs415s

Hello Friends,

I've got a vaio fs415s with winxp sp2 inbuilt when I bought. The recovery partition is in healthy state. I could create the recovery dvds (system and application both). I regularly format the hard drives (c: and d:) to avoid wondows rot. Every time I recover the winxp os from the dvds, I end up with sp2. I have to download the latest version of the winxp. It's a pain to download and install the same updates. Is there any way to create recovery dvds with latest winxp service pack?

Apologies if this problem is discussed before. I tried to search using google, but couldn't find any post. I would be grateful if you point me to such post.

Thank you for reading my post.
-Ninad

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ninad,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you can't alter the software, etc within the HDD recovery partition.. :slight_frown:

You could purchase something like Acronis True Image and use this to create and store a backup image, use the following link for more information on: Acronis True Image

Depending on what you have created a backup of, you could restore your Vaio Operating system, applications, user settings, and all your personal data in the event of a fatal system crash or virus attack to as it was when you created the image..

Ninad
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I will have a look. Thanks for your suggestion.

-Ninad

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: