Join now - be part of our community!

How to format drive

webplayer
Visitor

How to format drive

Hi,
I just had a terrible virus removed from my Sony Vaio VGN-FS315S. I need to format my hard drive. I've done some reading on the internet about how to go about this. I'm just a bit nervous about doing this for the first time.
I don't remember having a Windows XP cd included with my laptop. Is this possible? Can I download it from somewhere?
Can anyone give some instructions as to how to make sure everything is backed up, (files and programs)?
Are there any good tutorials anyone can recommend?
Any help or tips is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.sv_SE.title
jagjami
New

Hi,
I just had a terrible virus removed from my Sony Vaio VGN-FS315S. I need to format my hard drive. I've done some reading on the internet about how to go about this. I'm just a bit nervous about doing this for the first time.
I don't remember having a Windows XP cd included with my laptop. Is this possible? Can I download it from somewhere?
Can anyone give some instructions as to how to make sure everything is backed up, (files and programs)?
Are there any good tutorials anyone can recommend?
Any help or tips is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

http://www.user-guides.co.uk/download/sony/sonyvaio/sony-vaio-vgn-fs315s-drivers-xp.html

Hope that helps ... Good Luck :slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio Webplayer,

I would like to suggest the following solution for you :

1) How to recover your VAIO with VAIO Recovery Center

2) If you are unable to perform a System Recovery through VAIO Recovery Center, click here

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Welcome to ClubVaio Webplayer,

I would like to suggest the following solution for you :

1) How to recover your VAIO with VAIO Recovery Center

2) If you are unable to perform a System Recovery through VAIO Recovery Center, click here

Hi webplayer,

Welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

For some reason the link provided, by itbroker, refers to recovery process for Vaio's with Vista pre-installed.. :thinking:

You Vaio FS came pre-installed with XP so as long as you haven't removed you're Vaio's HDD recovery partition the you should be able to recover your Vaio back to factory setting by using the following guide: FS recovery guide