Join now - be part of our community!

windows 7 drivers

jamie898
Visitor

windows 7 drivers

hi all has anyone managed to successfully install all the drivers for a vaio vgn-ar61m for windows 7, alot of the vista ones work exept usb, memory card reader and eject button.

2 REPLIES 2
Will10156
Visitor

I have the AR41S and I want to upgrade to Windows 7 without loosing any system functions.
We have paid thousands of £££ for out notebooks (especially the top end ones from the AR Series) and now less than two years on Sony refuses to provide adequate support? that's unacceptable.
Sony should get their act together and release Windows 7 drivers and fully support all VAIO notebooks that can run Windows 7 (i.e. all models that supported Vista).

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I upgraded my AR31S using a commercial Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Disc from PC World (£70).

I chose to remain online during the In-Place upgrade (about 2.5 hours) and needed no additional dedicated Windows 7 drivers - the Vista Drivers in place were fine. Everything works.

Some later models with the nVidia xxxxM graphics will need to reinstall the Video driver and perhaps the Touchpad driver.

As long as you use the Upgrade In-Place option there seems little extra is needed. If you do a clean install, however, it is likely that several drivers and utilities may not work until Windows 7 drivers are available and you will lose all settings, software and data.

:wink: