Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN FZ21M

urOk
Visitor

VAIO VGN FZ21M

I upgrade vista for windows 7 now all vaio modules doesn't work. Vaio update not working, my club vaio, touch pad, FN button, well is not same vaio what i have before instal windows 7. Is any support for windows 7 ?? Or i have to back to vista which i hate this system. Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :thinking: And why Sony is so slow ? Almost all companys have ready drivers for windows 7 how long vaio users will have to wait for it ?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you do an Upgrade or a clean install of Windows 7?

I did an Upgrade In-Place and everything works. Every driver installed by itself with no errors in Device Manmager. I have not had to install anything manually. All my Fn Keys work correctly (including screen brightness) S1, S2 and Eject all OK. All AV keys working and touchpad scroll as well. My AR31S with Windows 7 is far better than it was with Vista. Blu-Ray and HDMI work. Wireless switch and wifi worked by thenselves. Still a few things I havent used.

The only small disappointment is the number of programs that will not work in Windows 7 even using compatibility modes. Acronis True Image is blocked as incompatible by Windows 7, Tune-Up Utilities are not compatible as was ZoneAlarm until I found a download. the only other real disappointment is that the first thing you see is the UAC bl***y screen.

Anyone know how to unblock an application?

:smileygrin:

urOk
Visitor

I did an Upgrade In-Place and everything works. Every driver installed by itself with no errors in Device Manmager. I have not had to install anything manually. All my Fn Keys work correctly (including screen brightness) S1, S2 and Eject all OK. All AV keys working and touchpad scroll as well. My AR31S with Windows 7 is far better than it was with Vista. Blu-Ray and HDMI work. Wireless switch and wifi worked by thenselves. Still a few things I havent used.

The only small disappointment is the number of programs that will not work in Windows 7 even using compatibility modes. Acronis True Image is blocked as incompatible by Windows 7, Tune-Up Utilities are not compatible as was ZoneAlarm until I found a download. the only other real disappointment is that the first thing you see is the UAC bl***y screen.

Well i did 1st upgrade but i couldn't use few things all the time system telling me that i need administrator rights so i did clean instal everything work perfect beside keyboard - i mean the sony options doesn't work FN,S1,AVMode etc. How i can make this work ? I dont wanna do recovery again and instal from recovery Vista sp1 etc etc and upgrade to w7. Cos i dont wanna get mad again cos some stupid issue. I just need fix keyboard - any ideas how ? :thinking: :thinking:

profile.country.it_IT.title
mazampe88
Visitor

Well i did 1st upgrade but i couldn't use few things all the time system telling me that i need administrator rights so i did clean instal everything work perfect beside keyboard - i mean the sony options doesn't work FN,S1,AVMode etc. How i can make this work ? I dont wanna do recovery again and instal from recovery Vista sp1 etc etc and upgrade to w7. Cos i dont wanna get mad again cos some stupid issue. I just need fix keyboard - any ideas how ? :thinking: :thinking:

Hi! I'm Matthew from italian forum.
I have the same notebook as you e I run Windows 7 from the beginning! :tongue:
So, to fix the FN keys "problem", you have to install the "Original Utilities Package", except the VAIO Battery setup (cos it ask you every time to remove the battery and reinsert it after an hibernation mode!) that it's not really important...
Look at here (http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/flash/hub_cons.html) for downloading those packs!
After install, ALL working fine!
And ENJOY WINDOWS 7! :smileygrin:
Bye!!

urOk
Visitor

Thank you Matt !! It works, instaled only control center this help me but still wont work S1 and AVMode, btw any ideas how to make work sony update on windows 7. I try once instal and make this works but wont lunch anyway.

mazampe88
Visitor

Thank you Matt !! It works, instaled only control center this help me but still wont work S1 and AVMode, btw any ideas how to make work sony update on windows 7. I try once instal and make this works but wont lunch anyway.

Hi!
Also for me S1 and AVMode won't work... But those key's are pretty useless, for me...
And for Sony Update, really, I don't know cos I didn't install this utility... :slight_frown:
And remember to install all the VAIO utility, except the vaio battery control!

urOk
Visitor

I've instaled all utilities except the batery :slight_smile: Works fine thx for the help... An i was searching forums about sony update and i think we can not do uptade by automatic vaio aplication. I read that if someone change OS then vaio update wont work and everything need do manualy which is ok but little annoying. I mean not everyone remember to update his antivirus :slight_smile: So what about critical updates from vaio. I hope they let ppl what they change OS to have automatic update like from OEM.

mazampe88
Visitor

I've instaled all utilities except the batery :slight_smile: Works fine thx for the help... An i was searching forums about sony update and i think we can not do uptade by automatic vaio aplication. I read that if someone change OS then vaio update wont work and everything need do manualy which is ok but little annoying. I mean not everyone remember to update his antivirus :slight_smile: So what about critical updates from vaio. I hope they let ppl what they change OS to have automatic update like from OEM.

Exactly...! It's a little bit annoying but it's ok! :wink:
And yes, everyone should upgrade his antivirus in compatibility with Windows 7!
For example I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and I'm fine with it!!
Maybe sometimes it slow down the system, but I think it's the better Antivirus suite...! :cool: