Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF13M1E/H fan noise.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
vegeta_sayf
Visitor

VPCF13M1E/H fan noise.

Hello, I have purchased a brand new notebook VPCF13M1E/H, and this is my first day using it.

I have noticed some really annoying fan noise, it goes up and down. while im not running any "heavy" or hard core programs. I thought that if i update the bios i can solve the problem, but i couldn't find any.

Any suggestions or solutions are appreciated :smileyhappy:.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The VPCF11 series had this problem which was addressed by a BIOS Update but I would expect this to have been fixed on newer models.

It may be that processes are running in the background that would cause the fan to provide more cooling - something like the Windows Indexing Service will run for some time with a new Vaio as it indexes the search of the hard drive.  Have a look in Task Manager -> Performance to see if the CPU is working on a background process when the fan increases speed.

There is a 'How to troubleshoot fan noise' on the support pages for your model but it may not be the help you need:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=29726&l=en_GB&m=VPCF...

If you believe the fan noise is excessive then I would contact Vaio Support and ask their advice.

:thinking:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
ckthye
Visitor

Hi!

I have also bought the VPCF13M1E/H and noticed the annoying fan sound. Do you already have a solution or have you contacted Sony? My 4 years old Medion notebook is very quiet compared with this Sony notebook. I am considering to bring it back to the store.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
vegeta_sayf
Visitor

Hey,

Sadly, i have sent it back to the store, couldn't find any solution for it.. i contacted the customer care as well but nothing helped. they said maybe its the bios issue like what they used to have in older models, but it's supposed to be fixed. they even said that this issue is quite important to us and since it's new, you are the only one who reported this issue, so i thought it might be only my product that had some problems with the fan but it seems not. i wish i can help you but i have sent it back to the store, try to contact the customer care again maybe that have found some solutions or anything might help.:smileyhappy: