Join now - be part of our community!

Video out adapter for K115S

Shmoo
Visitor

Video out adapter for K115S

I want to buy an adapater for my K115S so I can watch vids on my television.

I have a cable with phono like connectors for Audio and a Yellow connector for video. (I have also got an adapter to plug this into a scart socket too).

So, what I need is some sort of adapater to connect the yellow (phono like) connector to the vga (3.5mm?) on my laptop.

Please help :slight_smile:

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you buy a standard camcorder cable this has the 3,5mm jack that goes into the PC, and the 3 phonos for the TV

Shmoo
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I want with the phono connections to the television.

One dumb further question.

Does the same cable carry the sound as well? (I'm sure I have 'soundblaster' type cables that could do that it it doesn't).

Thanks again

kee-lo_

Yes, it does

tractorboy
Visitor

Sorry to butt in but , what your saying is you can link a sony laptop with a tv with a camcorder cable? obviouslythe 3 phono cable ends to the t.v. (red,white,yellow) so the 3.5mm jack connects to the laptop,? would that be the green headphone socket ? if so how do you select external display as this option only becomes available when a connection is made to the VGA socket, or so i thought?:smileyconfused:

Shmoo
Visitor

The camcorder cable goes into a yellow connector on your laptop, not the headphone one. It carries both the audio and video signals. It has 3 connectors to plug into the television, two for audio and one for video. That's how I understand it.

Thanks to Kee-Lo for shedding light on this.

tonybeard
Explorer

Check out the Pinnicle range of products. I have a Dazzle 90DVC which comes with Studio 9 which is part of the AVID family and can make very cool TV quality movies. You have no TV card on your lappie but note the USB TV adapter. That should do the trick.Pinnacle Buy from another internet retailer as Pinnacle charge top dollar.

tractorboy
Visitor

I have no yellow socket on my laptop, just green(headphone) red(microphone) and the stupid and useless 15 pin VGA socket

kee-lo_

Yeah it's a yellow 3.5mm jack.

As Tony says the only way around this is to buy a USB card with TV-Out

tractorboy
Visitor

Cheers,guys.