Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-TX1XP_B HOT CPU or HD/LOUD FAN

towb
Visitor

VGN-TX1XP_B HOT CPU or HD/LOUD FAN

Hi,

- I do have a problem with my machine!

First of all: The machine didn´t work as described below before installation of the recommended DVDR firmware upgrade.

I made a new clean install of XP Pro and then installed all pre.drivers and all pre.utilities and nothing more when i started to notice that the fan on the left side started to work , not fast or not loud but i works all the time generating alot of hot air through the ventilations holes on the left side.

I know for sure that i havent missed any drivers/utilites .. I made an case on e-support and hope for an answer there aswell.

Does anyone know what could have happend with my machine or does anyone has the same problem?

Regards
Towb

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Perhaps you need to have a look at your fan speed settings. Click here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
towb
Visitor

Hi Rich912,

I´ve read the post and laborated with the power options. It didn´t have any affect whatsoever. No matter what option i changed to, i didn´t get any response from the machine.

Do you know if there is a tool which could determine the healt of your physical machine, perhaps developed by Sony.

A tool for measuring the cpu tempature would come in handy right now.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Try MobileMeter

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
William
Visitor

I understand your concerns, but I don't think you will get much joy out of Sony as you have installed XP Pro and then the orignall drivers & utilities.

I do not doubt your abilities but I am sure they will ultimately suggest you do a restore with your recovery disks.

You never know it may even cure the problem. Although I am often sceptical of the recovery fixes all, it usually does.

towb
Visitor

Hi William,

I would more than ever like to do a recovery with recovery disk, but unfortenly their wasn´t any recovery media bundled to this machine model, guess that applies to more machine models.

Is there anyway i can get my hands on the original image/images for my machine model?

Doesn´t feel safe that sony is making their own configured propiertary configuration and then not providing physical recovery disk.

Regards
Towb

towb
Visitor

Did some temperature measurement of the HD/CPU and Frequency with mobilemeter 0.3.1.0. This is one of the results:

Frequency : 600 Mhz (1.20 Ghz)
CPU Temperatur : 61.0 C
Discharge Rate : 11.59w
HD Temperature : 36.0 C

William
Visitor

I have been lucky in that the three Vaio's I have owned came with supplied recovery media.

I believe the norm now is that there is a hidden partition on the HDD. If this has not been deleted I think you press "F10" repeatedly at boot up.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Those tempretures look OK to me, not great but should be monitored

towb
Visitor

Kee-Lo,

Don´t know howto respond to your post but for a CPU with Centrino chipset 60C + is NOT ok, and definitely not when the fan keeps going on a constantly high speed. And no matter what power options i change, i get no response from the hardware.

By the way, i got one suggestion from the Sony Vaio e-support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Notes 14-Jan-2006 Kieran

*** NOTES 14-Jan-2006 Action Type: Info
Thank you for contacting us,

If the unit appears to be overheating it may be because there is dirt clogging the fan in the unit. You could try spraying a can of compressed air (No Liquid) in through the vents on the back of the unit to see if it removes any dirt that may be there, helping the unit to cool down more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

My answer to that person goes:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Notes 14-Jan-2006 Rickard Asplund

*** NOTES 14-Jan-2006 Action Type: Info
Hi,

Tried that and it didn´t help. Since i always put the machine in my VGP-CKTX1 everytime i dont use it i am sure that dust isn´t the problem, another thing is that people on Vaio Club has told me to install the recovery images, but i didn´t get any physical media with my machine. How can i get access to the original images for my machine model? They arent on the machine since it has been formated since the delivery. I did read all the manuals and garantees and nothing states that a reinstall with a purchased winx pro and installation of preinst.driver and prinst.utils would not be enough for making the machine work as it should. My analysis goes for getting the original images so we can try the original state of the software state and if that doesnt work i have to call the swedish support and send the machine for repair to france, but that is the last thing i want todo with a machine which is 3 months old and costs 30.000 swedish crowns, please help me out
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------