Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FW31ZJ hardware/hdd sound click and then a hoarse beep sound

GPSG
Visitor

VGN-FW31ZJ hardware/hdd sound click and then a hoarse beep sound

First time when it occured I wasn't quite sure what happened because my attention was at the screen of the notebook concetrating on my work with my headphones on. After a week it happened again and now after another week again.
This time I heard exactly what the notebook did. First he did this hdd scrachy click sound and the a hoarse beep for a second, like a bios beep.
The vibration and the sound camed from the lower right of the notebook. I suppose the hdd did this.
From what I'm seeing it happens constantly and I'm afraid that it will occur often in the future. Is the hdd failing, should I raise this issue to the it service?

My hard drive is a Fujitsu MHZ2500BT.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi GPSG,

if the noise is concerning you, then yes, I would suggest you contact Vaio support..

engyong
Visitor

Hi,

My Sony vaio VGN-FW31J starting to make noise. THe noise comes from the lower right of the keyboard panel and it is louder than the fan. It sounds like when the fan turns on and it stays as long as I use the the laptop. My laptop is nine months old and it is annoying me. Before that the hard disk was quiet. Does it mean that is is going to crash?

Any advice?

Eng Yong