Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JLuigi
Explorer

VAIO Update

I have been able to upgrade to the new version of "VAIO Update" and one of the upgrades was installed, but 2 upgrades are still coming out even if you try to upgrade: -

1.   BlueUpg Graphics Driver (NVIDIA)  -  I get successfully installed but when you check for upgrades it comes back again.

2.   Store App Support Utitily  -   Please wait a while, then try again.

I have tried a few times but still get the same message.

I suppose something will be sorted out by Sony VAIO in due course.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JLuigi,

Good to hear that you are making progress. Here is a link to a manual download for the Store App Support Utility:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000320666_9569/SVL2412M1E

I have seen others report that the Nvidia driver install notification seems to be stuck in a loop. I would just ignore it for the time being and hope that Sony sort it out. I will however let support know that this is happening.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JLuigi,

Another member had a similar problem with the Store App Support Utility but a manual install downloaded from the support site did install OK. You haven’t given your model number so can’t supply a direct link but click the support tab at the top of this page and then enter your product number to access the available downloads.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JLuigi
Explorer

my Model name is:- SLV2412M1EB

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Can you please check Vaio Control Center > System or Vaio Care for the correct Model Name?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JLuigi
Explorer

After following your suggestion I entered the model number and was able to install VAIO Update and some of the updates.    However yesterday I experienced some problems, I lost internet connection. I spoke to the Internet Provider Team and was informed that the system was working ok, they reset the connection but I still had further problems.    Last night I completely lost the internet connection and all my internet explorer including Google lost all its settings.   So I had to do a System Restore to the beginning of the month which was prior to installing the new VAIO Update and now it seems it is working well

So I have decided not to install the new VAIO Update and wait for a while until it settles and maybe by then Sony has come up with a better and more permanent solution.

Thanks for your help and if you have any further advise please let me know.

Regards

JLuigi

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JLuig,

Sorry to hear that updates have caused problems. I doubt that the update to Vaio Update caused this problem although there is always the possibility that one of the updates downloaded and installed by VU caused the problem. Did you by any chance make a note of the updates? If so this can be brought to the attention of support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JLuigi
Explorer

Hi Rich

Thank you for your reply.    I have followed your advice and tried to update the following updates:-        

• VAIO Care Recovery  dated 31/03/2014 - will not update and get (Please wait a while, then try again) I have tried a few times but it does not work.

• Store App Support Utility -  will not update and get (Please wait a while, then try again) I have tried a few times but it does not work.

• Graphics Driver (NVIDIA) - installed successfully  - After installing this one I got  the under mentioned update.

• BlueUpg Graphics Driver (NVIDIA) - installed successfully

Then when you press "OK" you get the same three updates that require to be installed.   I suppose this is a fault in Sony VAIO system.

Regards

JLuigi

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JLuigi,

Have you tried a manual download and install for VAIO Care Recovery and Store App Support Utility?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JLuigi,

Actually a fix for this issue was implemented on 26th May. Can you try Vaio Update again to see whether it has fixed the problem?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JLuigi
Explorer

Hi Rich

Thanks for your e-mails.

Well this morning when I switched the PC on and blue screen came up saying a Fatal Error had occurred and it was restarting (it said something of system …….did not load - but I did not have time to write it down as it restarted).     So I tried to restore to the beginning of the month prior to all  the VAIO updates but now the system will not restore to any previous date and I have tried a few.   I get a message saying: - System Restore did not complete successfully ….drive may be corrupt try chkdsk /R which I did to no avail.

I have again tried to download VAIO Care Recovery through the updates but I get the same message (Please wait a while, then try again)  I have also tried as you suggested to manually download Vaio Care Recovery but it has been downloading for quite a long while and it does not download.   So I guess I will have to wait and see if it will download at a later date.

Many thanks for all your help, please let me know if you have any more suggestions.

Regards

JLuigi